Sunday, October 02, 2005

She Loves It


Pattern: Northwoods from A Collection of Ginger Originals, Ginger Bladen
Yarn: Patons Something Scary From AC Moore, I think Classic Merino Wool
Needles: US3
Modifications:None
Comments: About those size 3's...I am a loose knitter and I made this garment before I had forced myself to compensate in my hands for that, so at this point was 2-3 sizes smaller than reccommended for gauge. I have since learned to pull a bit harder, or have a second cup of coffee so I don't spend my whole knitting life on US1's. I hate this sweater. Not the pattern, I like the pattern, and think the book is quite handy to have around. I have used it for a variety of stuff, and love the charts. But in this instance...I hate that it is red. If it were blue, or one of the predominant colors in the yoke, I'd love it. The purple mountains even. Anything but the red. I hate the red with the colorwork in the yoke. That said, my mother in law adores the thing. Truly truly loves it. She wears it all the time, and prefers it to her green one from this year. This breaks my heart, because I love the green one!

No comments: