Thursday, October 20, 2005

Kathy's Baby


Pattern:Classic Elite Intrigue Cropped Cardigan
Yarn:Classic Elite Intrigue, color 60723, a delish charcoal
Needles:US 9
Size:Small
Modifications:None, it's perfect as written. OK, well, there was that run to the store for an extra hank of yarn when I ran out two inches before the end of the sleeve cap, but what's an hour drive with a cranky toddler and equally cranky teenager when your boss is in love with a garment? I mean, really??
Comments: The 36 hour Cashmere Sweater. It's not really called Kathy's baby...but it SHOULD be! Every time I see this thing on Kathy, I smile. It is, indeed, Kathy Elkins' yarn - cashmere, a little glitz - I think Classic Elite should rename it Kathy. She loves it. I loved it! It knit up quickly (36 hours from swatch to delivery) on size 9's, simple garter stitch around the entire outside adds a little feminine touch, and generally it's just adorable.


No comments: