Friday, December 01, 2006

Tina's Radioactive Sweetpeas


Knitted by Tina Chance of Tina's International House of Yarncakes
needles: US size 2 dpn
yarn: Schaeffer Anne (no colorway name)

This was my first time using this yarn, and I really enjoyed it. It's amazingly soft, and the mohair adds a nice sheen to the fabric. It's thinner than some sock yarn, so on the size 2s I usually use, the fabric was pretty thin (though it matched the called for gauge). That, combined with my smallish feet means I used less than half of the skein. Yes!

The pattern is listed as 'piquant' on knitty, but I didn't find it that hard. Once you get the hang of it, anyway. I was carefully keeping track of my rows for the first repeat of the first sock, but then it just fell into place. I love the meandering lace!

No comments: